Run or Walk
During the current restrictions on gatherings necessitated by the Covid-19 Pandemic we'd like to invite our members and friends to participate in a virtual run/walk with us by the following means:
- To simply view our warm up and any announcements see our Facebook Live Event on our Business Page at Front Runners & Walkers Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday at 7PM or Saturday at 7:30AM.
- To participate via Zoom, you may click the following link 15 minutes prior to the scheduled run/walk to chat and catch up with your friends, then warm up with us and hear any announcements, you may then run or walk on your own. The Zoom Meeting will stay open for 1.5 hours for some social time after your workout.
- Our Schedule: Wednesday 7PM and Saturday 7:30AM (don't forget to sign on early to chat)
- Click here to be taken to our Zoom Meetup Or alternately you may....
- Open the Zoom App and join the Meeting 864-9519-6562 and enter the password frwfl when asked.
- If you are new to Zoom, it is best that you download the Application for your device first..
- After you download and install the application, Register for a free account or sign-in if you have one.
- No matter how you choose to participate we encourage our runners and walkers to join our Club on Strava at https://www.strava.com/clubs/frwfl . Download the app for Android or iOS and Log your workouts. Then it will then appear on the widget to the right here.
Front Runners & Walkers Fort Lauderdale offers members, newcomers, and guests three weekly run/walk events on Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sunday's. Wednesdays and Sundays, start out at Holiday Park near the Gymnasium and the football fields. There are three distances you can choose from: 3 miles, 4 miles or 6 miles. Walkers are also welcomed.
Before each run/walk announcements are made, followed by a brief warm up session. and a short round of introductions are made. The leader makes sure newcomers/visitors knows the route and have a buddy who will run their pace and distance. Runners of every pace and experience level are encouraged to come to all our runs.
Monthly Supplemental Training -Speed, Splash, & Eat
Speed training is in integral part of every race regiment. Speed workouts puts your muscles through a fuller range of motion, improving flexibility and adds endurance. It trains more muscles (and more muscle fibers within muscles), for muscle efficiency.
Front Runners have incorporated Speed Training for those individuals that seek to improve their overall health and increase their physicality. Speed Training consists of a set of intervals for a predetermined distance at a sprint pace. Pack and picnic-style dinner to eat following an interval speed workout and then dive into the beautiful waters of Fort Lauderdale beach for a cool-off swim.
Race or Walk/Socialize
November 15, 2020
VISTA VIEW PARK | DAVIE, FL | 7 AM
Join us for this Team FRWFL Event. Runners and volunteers will meet at the Pride Center on Sunday, November 15, 2020 for a 5 AM SHARP! departure. We will carpool together to Vista View Park. There will be free Ribs & Beer for everyone after the race. This is a fun event and a great chance to introduce our club to the Broward Running community. Volunteers will staff the water-stop for the race. Runners and Volunteers should both RSVP Here. There are Rib and Beer for all volunteers and runners
Wednesday at 7:00PM
3,4,or 6 mile Run or Walk
Between the Gymnasium & Football Fields
Saturday at 7:30 AM
3,4,or 6 mile Run or Walk
Pride Center, Wilton Manors
Sunday at 6:00 PM Suspended until new notice.
3,4,or 6 mile Run or Walk
By the Gymnasium
Monthly Supplemental Training
Tuesday at 7PMSuspended until new notice
Sundays: 6 PM
Wednesdays: 7 PM
Starting Location: Holiday Park, 1200 G Martin Drive (By the Gymnasium)
Don't get lost, download our RunGo Routes here
Saturdays: 7:30 AM
Location: Pride Center at Equality Park, 2040 N Dixie Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305
What We Do
As an important part of the Fort Lauderdale running community, Front Runners Fort Lauderdale participates in many local running events.
The club encourages all its member to participate in as many race events as possible and celebrates its members achievements, including PRs, Race Placements, first distances, even your first race.
From Ragnar to Keys 100 or Ultramarathons, Front Runners Fort Lauderdale offers its members the chance to do something they may never do alone.
As a part of the relay team you spend time with fellow cub members training and ultimately running towards the finish line for the ultimate sense of accomplishment.
Tired of walking alone? Looking for a new way to motivate yourself and get moving? Walking has long been recognized by health professionals as a gentle, low-impact exercise that can help anyone of any age transition to a higher level of fitness and health. Our Front Walkers meet three times a week and walk a 3 mile loop making friends along the way.
It's not always about running or walking a race, sometimes it's about volunteering at a race that makes a difference. Volunteering is a great way to give back to the community. Everyone that has ever run/walked a race knows, it's the volunteers handing out water, giving out food, directing traffic, handing out medals or cheering them on that pushes them to complete a race.
Workout Incentive & Participation (WIP) Program
Earn points toward valuable gifts and raffles for running, volunteering, bringing new people to the club, and much more.